Sunday, November 21, 2010

52 Weeks To Better Genealogy - Challenge #47 - Genealogy Gifts

My Genealogy Gift Wish List


This week for our challenge we should list what Genealogy gifts we would like to receive. I have been making a few wish lists recently. Part of current ProGen assignment is a Wish List for our Genealogy Library. So I am working on that. And doing that has had me begin a Wish List on Amazon. So some of those will show up here. I think I will start out with Electronics.

It would be great if Santa would bring me a new Desk Top computer. The other electronics item would be the Magic Wand-Portable Scanner. Since we have been hearing about these in our community I have only found where you have to order these, but in this week's Bed Bath & Beyond ad I see they have the same item for the same price and you don't have to wait for it come (except waiting for Christmas). I am sorry, I do have another electronics Wish item. Would love an iPod.

On to some books. I need to replace my copy of "The Surnames of Ireland" by Edward MacLysaght. Also would like "Tracing Your Irish Ancestors" by John Grenham, the "German-English Genealogical Dictionary" by Ernest Thode, "In Search of Your German Roots" by Angus Baxter, and Hans Barlow's "Book of German Names"

Then I guess we come to Society Memberships. The two main ones I am looking for right now are New England Historic Genealogical Society and Connecticut Society of Genealogists.
It is always fun to dream and this has been fun. Wishing you all a Merry Genealogy Christmas!

2 comments:

  1. So many of your books are on my Christmas list I had to laugh! I got the computer last year and the document wand from Santa. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope Santa brings you lots of goodies this year! I don't know what I'd do without my iPod. :)

    ReplyDelete