Saturday, November 13, 2010

Surname Saturday-Gunther/McCarron

Breaking Down Brick Walls


This has been a Bounty Genealogy Week for me and some more brick walls have come down.
I have written before about Emil Gunther and how hard it is to find information about him and his second wife, Catherine McCarron. On Tuesday night I found their Marriage license in the Philadelphia Index. Then I started to look for Catherine's death certificate. I thought it must be before 1915 because my grandmother had always said that she died when she was a little girl. And I found it. She died 17 Sep 1914. And this gave me her parents names and that they came from Ireland and where she Emil and their daughters were living when she died. It also told me the cemetery where she was buried. The same one where her daughter is. So I went there today hoping to also find Emil and his death information. Well I found him, he died 1924. I also found there is a baby there. He is the baby of my grandparents who died when he was only 10 months old. So wow what I week I have had. I have to move these bricks out of the way and continue on.

No comments:

Post a Comment