Friday, March 20, 2015

Fitzpatrick's and O'Donnell's in the PA Birth Records

I have been going through the newly released Pennsylvania Birth Records on Ancestry. I had three that I knew of to look for in 1906. The first one I found was for my Grandfather's youngest brother, Charles O'Donnell. The citation for this is: Ancestry.com. Pennsylvania, Birth Records, 1906-1908 [database on-line]. No. 63480 (stamped), Charles O’Donnell entry, born 4 Jan 1906, accessed 17 Mar 2015.
Citing: Pennsylvania (State). Birth certificates, 1906–1908. Series 11.89 (50 cartons). Records of the Pennsylvania Department of Health, Record Group 11. Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania.


I was really happy to see this. I was looking for the name of the Midwife and there it was Mrs. James Fitzpatrick, my 2nd great grandmother. Ellen Fitzpatrick is listed as a registered physician on page 420 of the "History of Lucerne County, Pennsylvania", H.C. Bradsby, Editor, Published in 1893 by L.B. Nelson & Co., Publishers, accessed 20 Mar 2015, archive.org. I tried to find Marguerite who was born in 1908 but was not able to. I am sure it is something with the spelling. Still looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment